Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Gifts- On a Budget

This year I decided to give out homemade treats to friends and family for Christmas and like a lot of people this year- we are on a budget.    So I came up with a fun idea for packaging that is VERY inexpensive.  Cookie Tins and bags can get pretty expensive when you are trying to give lots of gifts out-  so with cost in mind I thought of a great cheap idea for bags,  in the isle with plastic wrap and tin foil there are packages of 100 brown lunch sacks for $2.39 -  so then I think -  how can we make these look good -  Got it - Stamps.

  
Next were the tags -
And some of the bags I used a great punch by Martha Stewart to add a fun edge to the folded over part of the Bag



Now for what goes in the bags -

I used paper grocery bags to print these tags on -  wanted to keep the same theme.   The circle stickers on the top of the jar I got at Paper Source they were a little more expensive but I will find lots of other uses for them.


Sugar Snoflake Cookies    Peanut Butter Jelly Bars       Peppermint Bark            




I used cellophane bags to put all the treats in - a pack of 100 was $1.75 at Cash and Cary,  and natural twine to tie the bags.   Now I just have to put all the bags together !  



1 comment:

  1. I added a piece of cardboard in the bottom of the bags to stabilize the weight of the jar of jelly.

    ReplyDelete